This is for those who have installed Fedora 15 as guest system in VirtualBox. Without the Linux guest additions from VirtualBox, you would still have mouse and keyboard integration. However, you need Linux Guest Additions from VirtualBox in order to run GNOME 3 and to share folders between the host and guest operating system.
- Before installing Linux Guest Additions for VirtualBox, you need to ensure that you have the latest kernel installed. To ensure that, use the command:
$sudo yum update
- Reboot your system after update.
- Then, you need to install dkms, gcc and kernel-devel. Use the following command:
$sudo yum install -y kernel-devel dkms gcc
- Finally, you need to load Linux Guest Additions ISO disc to your virtual CD-ROM
Installation of Linux Guest Additions
- Once the disc image is mounted, the folder should be located at /media/VBOXADDITIONS* . The * being the version number.
- Use the following command:
cd /media/VBOXADDITIONS* ./VBoxLinuxAdditions.run
- After the installation is complete, reboot the system.
To share folders between Windows host and Linux guest system, please refer to the post VritualBox Sharing Folders between Windows Host and Linux Guest
As usual, I have created an auto installation script for advanced user. You can download it from here.